Lomography LomoMod No1 - 120 Film Camera
Our Price: £50.00 GBP100380
Price includes FREE Tracked UK Shipping!
Introducing a brand new 120 film camera from Lomography - incorporating the most creative lens we've ever seen! A fantastic project for learning about cameras and optics, and producing unique images on glorious medium format. All in 5 easy steps...
- Build the body from the robust cardboard components included
- Customise your camera body by drawing on it, painting it, or covering it with colourful stickers (some are supplied in the box, but you can always add more!) - maybe with glitter for extra sparkle
- Fill the Sutton lens with a colourful pulp-free liquid of your choice - using the included syringe for ease
- Load your camera with a roll of your favourite 120 film
- Shoot some amazing photos!
We've seen fantastic images where people have used tea, ribena, or even Limencello to create their photographs. So unleash your imagination - let it run wild with the LomoMod No1! - and please share with us your experiments and results for us to admire and enjoy.
NB: the original Sutton Liquid lens was the invention of an English photography Thomas Sutton in 1859 who used the curvature of water as a focusing mechanic to take panoramic pictures. You can read more about it on Lomography's website here.
- Focal Length: 80mm
- Maximum Aperture: f/11
- Aperture: Separate Waterhouse aperture units
- Focus: Fixed Focus
- Focus Distance: 2.5 m - infinity
- Focus Distance with 1 Adjustment Ring: 1.5 - 5 m
- Shutter Speeds: N (1/100), B (bulb)
- T shutter: individual T shutter lever
- Tripod mount, PC-Sync and Cable Release Socket
- 11 Sheets: Cardboard components
- 1 Sheet Aperture Plates Set with different choices
- Sutton Lens Module
- Aperture and Shutter Module
- 120 Film Spool
- Tripod Nut
- Colourful Stickers :-)
- Photo Book & User Manual
Lomography has been at the forefront of the analogue revolution for decades. Starting in 1992 with some Viennese students falling in love with the aesthetic of a particular Soviet camera (the iconic LC-A) - they founded a movement and a company that would introduce a new generation to the joys of plastic cameras and experimental film. Periodically innovating new cameras for existing formats - and sometimes bringing back formats specially for their cameras! - they are vibrant and creative
For more information about the brand check out our bio of Lomography
Where we ship
When you buy your camera from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So pick up your Lomography LomoMod No1 Film Camera today and dive back into the fun of experimental Lomography film photography!
Well, it’s an experience.
I haven’t gotten round to using the camera yet, but before you can, you have to build it.
Don’t assume this will be easy. Be patient; it is tedious. Cardboard can fray, and some of the slots are very tight. I also found one of the parts to be labelled the wrong way round (the 2 top panels).
I went for a walk, came back, dismantled a few pieces, rebuilt it, and completed it.
It is, surprisingly, sturdy and robust, but obviously don’t take it out in the rain, or drop it.
The lens looks alright, and the fit is very tight and overlapping, so I can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work as it should. I will update once I get round to shooting and developing.
Just don’t buy thinking it will take 5 minutes to build, it won’t. I’ve read online where some people can’t complete it.
It is fun and I’m glad I finished it, but in hindsight not sure it’s worth £50. Plenty of better cameras to buy for that.
I don’t think this will age too well with repeated use, but time will tell.
And if it wasn’t already obvious, it is rather large, and inconvenient to carry around.
More like 2.5/5
apesar de demorar um pouco de tempo a chegar, definitivamente vale a pena. a Máquina ideal para quem procura uma experiência diferente com a fotografia