#sheheartsfilm is an Analogue Wonderland initiative that aims to put a spotlight on women and non binary film photographers who can be under-represented in this industry. We hope to build the female photographer community, boost confidence and have fun with film. So far we have ran several amazing photowalks, competitions, exhibitions and are super excited to be hosting our very first #sheheartsfilm studio day! 💜🎞😁
This is a great opportunity to level up your film photography skills and have a go at some studio photography. There will be some assistants on hand to help and give advice, and we have created an optional brief below to get you started. We are thrilled to be able to offer this workshop day at a subsidised rate, thanks to the community tips feature of our website, and can't wait to see you there.
This workshops is open to those identifying as female and non-binary. We want to create a fun, safe and comfortable space for us to enjoy! Beginners and all abilities welcome (as long as you have a film camera).
SATURDAY 8TH JULY
10:00-10:30- Meet at Studio 101, introduction to the day and split into groups between the available studios.
10:30-12:30- Begin shooting
12:30-13:00- Break for Lunch (lunch not provided).
13:00-15:30- Groups swap studios
15:30-16:00- Pack up for the day
16:00- Finish the day at a local pub!
*Please note this is the first time we have ran a workshop of this kind, so please allow for some flexibility for the structure of the day.
Reflection and Light
We thought setting an optional brief would give everyone a good starting point for the day.
- Playing with reflections and light using flash, natural light and the studio equipment
- Understanding different surfaces and objects that can create interesting reflections
- Experimenting with mirrors, glass, water, and other reflective materials
- Playing with angles and perspectives to capture captivating reflections
- Guidance on composition techniques to enhance the visual impact of reflections in your shots
What to bring with you
- Film of your choice
- Film camera(s)
- Objects/ mirrors/ outfits and props to shoot with, and play with the idea of reflections if you choose
- 6 hours in studio 101
- Studio Assistants on hand to give advice
- Some #sheheartsfilm goodies
- A day of film photography fun!
Times and details
Meet at Studio 101 10:00 am on Saturday 8th July.
1 Resolution Way
About Studio 101
Studio 101 are a photography studio based in Deptford, London. It is a fully equipped photo studio available to hire for amateur and professional photographers. The studio contains White studio 1, Black studio 2, Lounge, Salon/make-up area and garden/arches.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.