ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate Holder - 4x5
A new, modern double dry plate holder for 4×5, dry plate photography. Designed in conjunction with PictorioGraphica as part of a successfully-funded Kickstarter campaign.
The ChromaGraphica Double Dry Plate holder is a modern, purpose-made dry plate holder designed by photographers for photographers 🙌🏼
- Holds two dry plates or other glass- or metal-based media up to 2mm thick.
- Ergonomics and function similar to sheet film holders. Plates load very similar to film.
- Dark slide handles have white on one side, black on the other. You can use this to indicate exposed or unexposed.
- Unique loaded dry plate indicator tells you at a glance whether you have a dry plate loaded or not. No more running to the darkroom to check if it's loaded, or shooting that million dollar shot with an empty holder.
- The dry plate indicator also helps removal of the dry plate without touching the emulsion surface. Open the loading lid in the darkroom and push the dry plate indicator to start unloading the dry plate, giving you enough room to push the edge of the dry plate out with your fingers.
- Antique film sheath adapters can be loaded to allow you to shoot sheet film. We’re realists — When you take a break from shooting dry plates, you don’t want a useless holder cluttering up your camera kit. So we made sure you could still use this holder for film photography.
- Fits all 4×5 cameras that have been able to test.
- The 4×5 holder is compatible with Graflok backs.. slots are dimensioned for the holder to be held tight against the back without movement or being loose (heads-up: they’re a tight fit when you first load it on a Graflok back but will break-in with use).
Where we ship
When you buy your camera film from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So buy your J Lane Double Dry Plate Holder today and dive back into the fun of dry plate film photography!
The Analogue WonderLab
When you’ve shot your roll of film and are looking to get it developed and scanned, then look no further than the Analogue WonderLab!
We can process your film for you, scan it at the resolution you need, and email back the files quickly and securely.
We offer FREE tracked shipping to our lab so that you can send us your negatives with total peace of mind. And our lab team are all passionate film shooters themselves, so you know that your film will get the best possible treatment!
Head to the WonderLab page here to read more details, or add the bundled developing above when you purchase your film.
Please note that our long-term aim is to offer developing for every film that we sell, but this is a work-in-progress. For full details and FAQs please head here
How Does the Bundled Developing Work?
To make your analogue adventures even easier (and cheaper!) we’ve implemented the option to pre-pay for your processing when you buy your film. This means that you choose your developing and scanning options on this page, via the little tick-box above, and add everything to basket for an immediate 10% saving on all processing costs.
Your film will be dispatched in line with our usual shipping times (full details here) and you will also get an email with instructions on sending the film back to the WonderLab (with tracked shipping - on us!)
When you have shot the film - whether that takes you a day, month or year - you generate the free tracked postage label by following the simple instructions from the email, and pop it in the post with a note of your original order number. We’ll do the rest!
So buy the bundle and relax into the shooting process, knowing that you’ll get to see the final results from your photography, without having to reach for your wallet again.
We send all parcels via TRACKED service - free in the UK for orders of film over £50.
This means that when you buy your film from us you will be emailed a tracking link at dispatch, and will be able to follow your parcel’s journey all the way to safe arrival.
Please note that it is not a signed service so you won’t need to be at home to receive your film, and our letterbox-friendly boxes fit through the vast majority of European letterboxes!
You will have different shipping options and costs at checkout, depending on how quickly you need your film. Please refer to the Delivery Details page for full information