Camerhack Adapter for 118 Film Cameras: FAK118
You can now use your 118 film camera once more with these wonderful little adapters from Camerhack!
They will allow you to shoot any of the 120 films available with your 118 camera by adjusting the 120 spool to the right height and dimensions for easy use: it comes with 2 sets of adapters so that you can also use a 120 spool as the take-up spool.
The set also comes with 4 white extenders that are essential for use with certain cameras (e.g. Box Brownie-style cameras) that are more strict about the spool diameter.
The one adapter with a different hole is the “Key Adapter”: it features a 1mm laser-cut stainless steel flange that exactly matches the hole that’s in the original 118 spool. This adapter will engage with the camera’s film advance crank.
With these adapters you will get approx 6 panoramic photos (~11x6cm) from a single roll of 120 film.
For more info about the background of Camerhack then head over to our interview with Claudio!
The following 118 cameras have been explicitly tested with the spools:
- No. 3 Folding Pocket KODAK Camera – Models A, AB, AB-EX, ABX, B, B-2, B-3, B-4, C, C-2, C-3, C-4, C-5, D, E, E-2, E-3, E-4, F, G, and H (1900 – 1915)
- No. 3 Folding Pocket KODAK Deluxe Camera – Persian Morocco Covering silk bellows (1901 – 1903)
- No. 3 KODAK Series III Camera (1926 – 1934)
- No. 3 Special KODAK Camera (1911 – 1914)
- No. 3 Six-Three KODAK Camera (1913 – 1915)
- No. 3 AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Camera (1914 – 1926)
- No. 3 AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Special Camera (1914 – 1926)
- No. 3 Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1926 – 1928)
- No. 1 KODAK Junior Camera (1914 – 1914)
- No. 1 KODAK Series III Camera (1926 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Camera (1926 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Camera – In 4 colours: blue, brown, grey, green (1929 – 1931)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Junior Camera – Black and 3 colours (1929 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Series II Camera (1922 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1926 – 1934)
Other 118 cameras should also be fine but cannot be guaranteed until tested.
NB: the brand is sometimes mis-spelled as Camerahack or Camerhak
Where we ship
When you buy your camera film from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So buy your Camerhack Adapter for 118 Film Cameras: FAK118 today and dive back into the fun of 118 film photography!
The Analogue WonderLab
When you’ve shot your roll of film and are looking to get it developed and scanned, then look no further than the Analogue WonderLab!
We can process your film for you, scan it at the resolution you need, and email back the files quickly and securely.
We offer FREE tracked shipping to our lab so that you can send us your negatives with total peace of mind. And our lab team are all passionate film shooters themselves, so you know that your film will get the best possible treatment!
Head to the WonderLab page here to read more details, or add the bundled developing above (if available) when you purchase your film.
Please note that our long-term aim is to offer developing for every film that we sell, but this is a work-in-progress. For full details and FAQs please head here
We send all parcels via TRACKED service - free in the UK for orders of film over £50.
This means that when you buy your film from us you will be emailed a tracking link at dispatch, and will be able to follow your parcel’s journey all the way to safe arrival.
Please note that it is not a signed service so you won’t need to be at home to receive your film, and our letterbox-friendly boxes fit through the vast majority of European letterboxes!
You will have different shipping options and costs at checkout, depending on how quickly you need your film. Please refer to the Delivery Details page for full information