Solarcan Colour - LIMITED EDITION 3-Pack
Solarcan Colour is a LIMITED EDITION version of the ever-popular Solarcan Original.
Take long-exposure images of the sun's path over the course of several months with this ingenious all-in-one analogue camera.
The Solarcan Colour 3-pack comes with three different 'flavours' of Solarcan that will provide subtly different photographs:
- Eldorado - you will get a lovely warm golden quality accentuated by thick solarized halos
- Atlantis - for ice cool tones with a smooth edge
- Nebula - a fascinating duo-toned solargraph with radically opposed nebulaic colours
Solarcan Colour was a successful Kickstarter campaign at the end of 2020, and we are thrilled to be bringing a small number of units to our Analogue Wonderland community 😊
About Solarcan Colour
How do I use?
Experimentation and creativity are highly encouraged. However for consistent results we would recommend the following process:
- Buy your Solarcan from this very product page 😁
- Find a suitable location facing the Sun with a good view of the sky and horizon
- If any doubt, seek permission from local authorities/land-owners for the installation (remember this is a silver metallic can that will be in place for several weeks!)
- Using the supplied cable ties, secure your Solarcan firmly to an appropriate sturdy fence/pole/pipe
- When you’re ready, carefully remove the black label covering the pinhole and let the magic begin
- Place the black label on the end of your Solarcan for safe keeping and mark a date in your calendar for retrieval
- Remember where you put it (!) and check in on your camera once in a while
- When ready to recover your Solarcan, head back and cover the pinhole using the black tab you saved to end the exposure and stop any unwanted light passing through
- Snip the cable ties to release your Solarcan from it's mooring and take everything back home with you
- Open your Solarcan in subdued light and marvel at your image!
No chemical developing is required. We encourage experimentation though - so if you do try to fix/stop then please share your results with Solarcan and us on social media!
|Type:||Negative (no processing needed)|
About the brand
Solarcan is the brainchild of Sam Cornwell: a photography, artist, astronomer and now camera genius! The Solarcan perfectly combines his love for the night sky with his passion for analogue processes and film photography. Initially supported by a successful Kickstarter in 2017, Sam has recently produced the 5,000th unit (that we will be gifting as part of a joint giveaway!) which shows that the Solarcan has already been accepted into the heart of the photography community.
We spent some time with him in preparation for our launch of the Solarcan - as well as discussing his journey so far - and you can read the resulting interview here.
Where we ship
When you buy your camera and film from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So buy Solarcan Colour today and dive back into the fun of solar film photography!
The Analogue WonderLab
When you’ve shot your roll of film and are looking to get it developed and scanned, then look no further than the Analogue WonderLab!
We can process your film for you, scan it at the resolution you need, and email back the files quickly and securely.
We offer FREE tracked shipping to our lab so that you can send us your negatives with total peace of mind. And our lab team are all passionate film shooters themselves, so you know that your film will get the best possible treatment!
Head to the WonderLab page here to read more details, or add the bundled developing above when you purchase your film.
Please note that our long-term aim is to offer developing for every film that we sell, but this is a work-in-progress. For full details and FAQs please head here
How Does the Bundled Developing Work?
To make your analogue adventures even easier (and cheaper!) we’ve implemented the option to pre-pay for your processing when you buy your film. This means that you choose your developing and scanning options on this page, via the little tick-box above, and add everything to basket for an immediate 10% saving on all processing costs.
Your film will be dispatched in line with our usual shipping times (full details here) and you will also get an email with instructions on sending the film back to the WonderLab (with tracked shipping - on us!)
When you have shot the film - whether that takes you a day, month or year - you generate the free tracked postage label by following the simple instructions from the email, and pop it in the post with a note of your original order number. We’ll do the rest!
So buy the bundle and relax into the shooting process, knowing that you’ll get to see the final results from your photography, without having to reach for your wallet again.
We send all parcels via TRACKED service - free in the UK for orders of film over £50.
This means that when you buy your film from us you will be emailed a tracking link at dispatch, and will be able to follow your parcel’s journey all the way to safe arrival.
Please note that it is not a signed service so you won’t need to be at home to receive your film, and our letterbox-friendly boxes fit through the vast majority of European letterboxes!
You will have different shipping options and costs at checkout, depending on how quickly you need your film. Please refer to the Delivery Details page for full information