The °Cs "Temperature Control System" Cinestill TCS-1000 immersion circulator/thermostat is the simplest solution for precision film processing at home.
The TCS-1000 system allows you to heat up your chemistry to the precise processing temperature, and maintain it during the entire developing session - whether you're developing B&W, colour negative, colour slide or B&W positive!
The universal design holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (Collapsible Accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference, at the desired temperature.
It comes with a perfectly intuitive interface preset to standard C-41 processing, and easily adjustable temperature and timers for any process.
The Cinestill TCS-1000 mixes and heats chemistry in a 1000ml. pitcher in seconds, without splatter, spill or additional oxidation.
You can also reheat chemistry that has been preserved in the fridge for longer shelf life.
This is the UK model - with the plug complying with UK electrical requirements straight out of the box.
- An intuitive ready-to-use interface does not require additional timers, downloading phone apps, nor connecting to bluetooth/wifi
- Display and firmware are pre-programmed to process film with an adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, B&W, etc.) in Min : Sec
- There is simple toggling between °C/°F readouts
- Universal bottle holder holds two 1000ml. storage bottles (collapsible accordion style, Wide-Mouth, JOBO, etc.) in a sink, tub, or basin of your preference
- PTC heating element, brushless DC motor and moulded polymer impeller
- Stainless steel housing
- Ground protection and temp/water level/overheat protection sensor
- UK electrical plug
Advantages over kitchen appliances
There are of course similar products out in the world that are designed to help with cooking and baking, even mobile foot-spas have a similar mechanic! And these products all helped formed the inspiration for the Cinestill TCS-1000.
However there are obviously significant advantages to using a product custom-built for film developing rather than trying to adapt something from your kitchen or bathroom!
The Cinestill TCS-1000:
- Has user-adjustable precise constant temperature control, from 0°C to 95°C (+/-0.1°C), compared to cooking appliances which are only consistent between 45°C to 99°C (film processing ranges between 18°C - 40°C).
- Heats, mixes and circulates chemistry or temperature control bath, maintaining consistent accurate temperature (within +/-1°C of user setting) throughout the entire bath (1-20L).
- Contains positive thermal coefficient (PTC) heating element heats/cools quickly and is more stable and durable than standard metal heating tubes, which run too hot and rust.
- Features a display and firmware designed for processing film, starts up ready to process color film with adjustable two-stage timer for any process (C-41, E-6, Df96 monobath, etc.) in Min : Sec
- Has a high efficiency DC brushless motor offers fast speed, low noise, does not give off heat when processing film at lower temperatures, and has a life cycle over 4,000 working hours, 20-30% longer than most kitchen appliances. Combined with moulded impeller has a max circulation capacity of up to 20L.
Each unit comes with bottle holders and instruction leaflet. You can also download a pdf of the user guide here
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Wasnt sure whether or not to invest in one of these as I began to home develop colour films but so glad I did. It takes all the guesswork out of the temperature control which is so crucial in colour films development. Well worth the investment.
The effectiveness of this is incredible.
Getting one of these asap would be the best recommendation I can give anyone about this product.
B&W, C-41, E6 and ECN2 and it really works.
Managing different temperatures and heating pans is no longer a hassle.
It's still possible to do it the old way, but once you have the right tools, you can do it much quicker.
It has only been used directly on the chemical (so far) and it's wonderful.
Thank you very much for supplying the UK plug version.
A very useful piece of kit that does what it says on the box. I use it to control the temperature of the water bath I keep my chemistry in for both colour and black and white processing. It makes the control of the temperature of my chemistry very easy and straightforward.
Works exactly as I had hoped. It’s not cheap but makes developing so much easier you’ll be thankful! I was lucky to get it from AW on sale at Christmas and have used in to develop over 30 rolls so far!