Camerhack Adapter for 118 Film Cameras: FAK118
You can now use your 118 film camera once more with these wonderful little adapters from Camerhack!
They will allow you to shoot any of the 120 films available with your 118 camera by adjusting the 120 spool to the right height and dimensions for easy use: it comes with 2 sets of adapters so that you can also use a 120 spool as the take-up spool.
The set also comes with 4 white extenders that are essential for use with certain cameras (e.g. Box Brownie-style cameras) that are more strict about the spool diameter.
The one adapter with a different hole is the “Key Adapter”: it features a 1mm laser-cut stainless steel flange that exactly matches the hole that’s in the original 118 spool. This adapter will engage with the camera’s film advance crank.
With these adapters you will get approx 6 panoramic photos (~11x6cm) from a single roll of 120 film.
For more info about the background of Camerhack then head over to our interview with Claudio!
The following 118 cameras have been explicitly tested with the spools:
- No. 3 Folding Pocket KODAK Camera – Models A, AB, AB-EX, ABX, B, B-2, B-3, B-4, C, C-2, C-3, C-4, C-5, D, E, E-2, E-3, E-4, F, G, and H (1900 – 1915)
- No. 3 Folding Pocket KODAK Deluxe Camera – Persian Morocco Covering silk bellows (1901 – 1903)
- No. 3 KODAK Series III Camera (1926 – 1934)
- No. 3 Special KODAK Camera (1911 – 1914)
- No. 3 Six-Three KODAK Camera (1913 – 1915)
- No. 3 AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Camera (1914 – 1926)
- No. 3 AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Special Camera (1914 – 1926)
- No. 3 Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1926 – 1928)
- No. 1 KODAK Junior Camera (1914 – 1914)
- No. 1 KODAK Series III Camera (1926 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Camera (1926 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Camera – In 4 colours: blue, brown, grey, green (1929 – 1931)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Junior Camera – Black and 3 colours (1929 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Series II Camera (1922 – 1932)
- No. 1 Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1926 – 1934)
Other 118 cameras should also be fine but cannot be guaranteed until tested.
NB: the brand is sometimes mis-spelled as Camerahack or Camerhak
Where we ship
When you buy your camera film from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So buy your Camerhack Adapter for 118 Film Cameras: FAK118 today and dive back into the fun of 118 film photography!
This is a well made adapter kit with clear concise instructions. Having quite a few of these old cameras this kit fits the bill perfectly. Great product with good service from Analogue Wonderland. Well done guys.
Sensible price, easy to use, perfect fit, fast delivery and good communications.