Camerhack Adapter for 116 Film Cameras: FAK116
You can now use your 116 film camera once more with these wonderful little adapters from Camerhack!
They will allow you to shoot any of the 120 films available with your 116 camera by adjusting the 120 spool to the right height and dimensions for easy use: it comes with 2 sets of adapters so that you can also use a 120 spool as the take-up spool.
The set also comes with 4 white extenders that are essential for use with certain cameras (e.g. Box Brownie) that are stricter about the spool diameter.
With these adapters you will get approx 6 panoramic photos (~11x6cm) from a single roll of 120 film.
For more info about the background of Camerhack then head over to our interview with Claudio!
The following 116 cameras have been explicitly tested with the spools:
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Camera (collapsing front) (1899 – 1905)
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Camera Model B (folding front) (1905 – 1906)
- No. 2A BROWNIE Camera (1907 – 1924)
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Camera Model C (wood lens mount) (1907 – 1909)
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1908 – 1912)
- No. 1A Speed KODAK Camera (1909 – 1913)
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Camera Model D (metal lens mount) (1909 – 1915)
- No. 1A Special KODAK Camera (1912- 1914)
- No. 1A Six-Three KODAK Camera (1913 – 1915)
- No. 1A KODAK Junior Camera (1914 – 1914)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Special Camera (1926 – 1934)
- No. 2A Folding Pocket BROWNIE Camera (1910 – 1915)
- No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK-RR Type Camera (formerly listed as No. 1A Folding Pocket KODAK Special) (1912 – 1915)
- No. 1A AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Junior Camera (1914 – 1927)
- No. 1A AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Special Camera (1914 – 1916)
- No. 2A Folding AUTOGRAPHIC BROWNIE Camera (Changed from square to round ends in 1917) (1915 – 1926)
- No. 1A AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK 1917 Model Camera (1917 – 1924)
- No. 1A AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Special Camera (w/coupled rangefinder and Bakelite side panels) (1917 – 1923)
- No. 1A AUTOGRAPHIC KODAK Special Camera w/coupled rangefinder, Model_B (Back overlaps sides) (1923 – 1926)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Series II Camera (1923 – 1931)
- No. 2A BROWNIE Camera (Aluminum, Model C) (1924 – 1933)
- No. 1A KODAK Series III Camera (1924 – 1931)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Camera (1926 – 1932)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Series II Camera (in 4 colors) (1928 – 1931)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Camera (In 4 colours: blue, brown, grey, green) (1929 – 1932)
- No. 1A Pocket KODAK Junior Camera (Black and 3 colors) (1929 – 1932)
- No. 2A BROWNIE Camera (5 colors) (1929 – 1933)
- No. 1A Gift KODAK Camera (packed in cedar box) (10,000 manufactured) (1930 – 1931)
- No. 2A Beau BROWNIE Camera (5 colors) (1930 – 1933)
Other 116 cameras should also be fine but cannot be guaranteed until tested.
NB: the brand is sometimes mis-spelled as Camerahack or Camerhak
Where we ship
When you buy your camera film from us we can ship it across the UK, Europe, USA, New Zealand, Australia and Canada (more countries planned soon!) So buy your Camerhack Adapter for 116 Film Cameras: FAK116 today and dive back into the fun of 116 film photography!
Fast delivery, looking nice, broken soon.
So what can I say....
That flat part that enter in the 120 roll film spool it to thin and not strong enough to be used in an very old camera. One like this made from aluminium will be the best solution.
I will try to do it my self, many will work better for me.
well made piece of kit which fit well and does appear to do what it is intended to do. At present I have not run a full roll through the camera so cannot comment on the end result.
Excellent product, well made and does exactly what I need them to do. These allow me to put 120 film through my vintage and antique 116 and 118 film cameras. Very happy with this product and Analogue Worderlands service.
When can I expect this adaptor to arrive?
I had to do a few mods to get it to fit my 1930 Zeiss-Ikon Special 'Cocarette'
but it seems to be working O/K so far